Tuesday 23 October 2012

Travel Log: FujiQ Highland

You may have noticed that last week we were unexpectedly minus one T.G.I.F. post. This is because I was no where near a computer last Friday (when I make the T.G.I.F. posts) because I was at FujiQ Highland on a school trip with my students. FujiQ Highland is a cluster of roller coasters in Yamanashi Prefecture, Japan, in the shadow of Mt. Fuji. One of these roller-coasters ("Fujiyama") used to hold the Guinness World Record for the tallest roller-coaster (now the 8th tallest), and another has the Guinness World Record for the steepest decent ("Takabisha"). Although we were at the amusement park for about 5 hours, there was nowhere near enough time to do everything. We even missed out on the park's famous haunted house (set in an abandoned hospital, visitors must try to find their way out while dodging zombies!). If you ever get a chance, FujiQ is a must-see!

Check out some pictures below!








Trying to get a shot of Mt. Fuji...


That last one is my angry face after being trapped on a bus filled with screaming kids. Nah, they are lovely but taking them to an amusement park is a quick way to razz them up. 

You can follow me on Instagram by searching for the username "AussieOnTheIzu." You don't need an iPhone! Check out my Instagrams on GramFeed.com!

2 comments:

  1. Fuji-Q is the park for you if you love roller-coasters. Some of the best in the world. We also visited the Fuji Safari Park, which is also worth checking out along with great views of Fuji-san.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been to the Safari Park but I really want to go! Another thing to add to my To-Do List!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...