Wednesday 11 July 2012

Travel Log: Hiratsuka Tanabata Festival

Sorry to bang on about this... This is the last post about Tanabata, I promise! Its no secret I attended the Hiratsuka Tanabata Festival (which featured in both my previous TGIF and Tops Tuesday posts) last weekend. I wanted to share some of my snaps with you! Enjoy!


These iconic paper streamers are a common sight at Tanabata festivals...
 


We made our wishes on a strip of paper and tied it to a string amongst hundreds of others...



A couple enjoying the Tanabata display...



Little girl riding her daddy's shoulders...



Yukatas...



Taiyaki (fish-shaped pastries stuffed with red bean paste)! My absolute favourite festival food!



The streamers were lit up by lanterns in the evening...



TURTLES!



Illuminating discoveries...



More lanterns lit up...



The Hiratsuka Tanabata Festival attracts approximately 1.5 million visitors between July 6th and 8th. It was packed!



 You can follow me on Instagram by searching for the username: AussieOnTheIzu. Have a lovely week!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...