Tuesday 17 April 2012

Tops Tuesdays!

TOPS

I found this video making the rounds on RocketNews24.com entitled "Superhero." The video was produced by an annonymous duo under the guise of "ANONS PROJECT" and their song makes for a catchy tune. The video includes footage from last year's 311 disaster in Tohoku, originally intended to highlight the ongoing recovery efforts of officials and volunteers still working in the area. The footage is interspersed with images and footage of Japanese superheroes (including, Anpanman, Sailor Moon, and Son Goku). Having largely been met with positive response, I decided to share it here...



  

Here is a translation of the lyrics:
Leave this to us,
Hurry and get out of here
Take your family to a town far away
Don’t you worry
The world won’t end
Because we will protect you no matter what
Dad, mom, friends; we will protect everyone.
They don’t cover this on the TV, the radio, the internet:
Hereos have come to this town
They hide their faces with white masks
Even a sea of rubble, even a town turned to ruin
will be restored by the strength of people .
But even god can’t restore life
so we must cherish it above all else.
You can’t compare it to money or power.
The future of our children is in the hands of adults
In the roughest of times, become stronger! become stronger!
Face the evils you can’t sea.
Who now is the enemy we must point our blades at?
Smoke them out!
Is it strangers? Big organizations? No, that can’t be right.
Surely, surely the enemy is inside of us.
In their hearts, everyone knows what is right.
You too can become a hero.
The future of our children is in the hands of adults
In the roughest of times, become stronger! become stronger!
Face the evils you can’t see.

 NOT TOPS


Not even my little half-socks (which I worship by the way) could cheer-up my feet. After a week of running around Tokyo and the Izu (where possible) with my sis, my tootsies were less than impressed with me. With aches and pains, I decided to hit up a free foot onsen (another thing I also worship) but that just made my left foot swell randomly and it hasn't gone down yet. I went to the foot onsen a week ago. 

I suppose these are the casualties of sight-seeing...

I'm sorry to confront all of you with a picture of my atrocious feet. What did you get up to on the weekend?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...