Thursday 12 April 2012

Travel Log: Our Weekend in Tokyo

Sorry this post is coming a bit late! This past weekend, I had the pleasure of joining my sister (all the way from Adelaide!) in Tokyo for a weekend before we headed back to Shizuoka. She'll only be here for a week but I'm hoping I can keep her occupied. Anyway, please enjoy some belated instagrams of what we got up to last weekend!


She arrives...

Ready for the onslaught of chopsticks: plastic forks! (Yes, I realize this is ironic after posting this.)
 
Picnicking in Yoyogi Park under the cherry blossoms...

Breaking out the forks!

The pagoda at Sensou-ji...

A parade of cranes (or swans?) at Sensou-ji...

Enjoying the view at Sensou-ji...


Strolling in Asakusa...

Rickshaws in Asakusa...
 
Shopping in Shibuya!

Home again (on the Izu) and trying to figure out these chopsticks...

We had a fantastic weekend. Thanks for coming to visit, sis! What is your favourite thing to do in Tokyo?

Also, you can follow me on instagram if you like! Username: aussieontheizu.



6 comments:

  1. Yoyogi Park seems crazily crowded during hanami season! Maybe you can try gettin your sister training chopsticks they have for children? heehee XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There wasn't even enough room to swing a cat in Yoyogi park! SO many people! Yeah, I think I will buy her some training chopsticks with the rubber bands on the ends. :)

      Delete
  2. So much to do and see in Tokyo, but looks like you did quite a lot in a weekend. I love Asakusa for the atmosphere of old Tokyo and Senso-ji Temple and Nakamise-dori shopping street. Also really like Meiji Shrine near Harajuku surrounded by the cool forest and Tokyo Tower and Zojo-ji in Roppongi.

    Japan Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although it isn't shown above, we did hit up Tokyo Tower briefly (my sister is afraid of heights!).
      I haven't been to Zojo-ji yet. Will have to check that one out... :)

      Delete
  3. You select the different destination and enjoyed the weekend in hot Tokiyo. It is an interesting to spend a weekend at these places. I want go their. I like Asakusa for the atmosphere of old Tokyo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was great fun. There is always something quirky and entertaining to do in Tokyo! Thanks for the comment! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...